Tuesday, April 12, 2011

birdsongs

Hey babe -

I can play a recording of a song sparrow on the computer and the outside birds sing back. And I finally found the bird attached to that song I didn't know - a white throated sparrow. So exciting! To me. And I can't tell you. I can't get out the computer as we are trying to head off somewhere, and want you just to hear it, hold on just a second, I want to show you something cool. I know more of the birds in our backyard, and I can get them to sing for me.

But you aren't here to tell.

And I'm just supposed to live?

+++++++++++++++++++++++

2 comments:

  1. really.....it just doesn't end, this hey honey - oh shit.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - that last line sums it up for me. I'm just supposed to keep on without him, the one person I could share anything with no matter how geeky, silly, odd or sick it was. I could share it with him and he'd see the joy in it, and he could do the same with me.

    How do we live without that?

    ReplyDelete