Saturday, January 8, 2011

trio

Eternity Briefly Trembles

You hide me in your cloak of Nothingness
Reflect my ghost in your glass of Being
I am nothing, yet appear: transparent dream
Where your Eternity briefly trembles.



I Will Share with You

I will give you my shirt, I swear, and my robe;
Whatever the King graces me, I will share with you.
From the King's hand comes to me directly
The cup and jar of Eternal Wine –
The source of the sun itself begs me for a mouthful.
I am silent, my throat is sick, you go on talking if you have to.
You are the voice of David, I'm just a jet of scattering straw.



Prayer

Pray, pray always: Prayer and adoration are your breath.
If your breathing stops a moment, your life will end.
The soul in its exile longs for its kingdom beyond space –
Why does its animal half feed so long in fields of death?
Your essential soul is noble; how long will you look in darkness?
You are the royal eagle: Listen, the King is whistling for you.

- Jalal-ud-Din Rumi


No comments:

Post a Comment