Friday, November 18, 2011

this morning's radio

I'm in the middle of making a sculpted cake for my little friend's 5th birthday. Crabby, overwhelmed, down - the usual. Had to run out to the store and flicked on the radio, which is unusual for me. This song was just starting:




I do recommend you listen, rather than listen and watch, as the imagery starts off with an older man lying in bed imagining his wife when she was young. I stopped right there - no need to add more visuals to a song that already gets me.

...Won't you take me with you darling I don't want to stay
And this place just keeps on getting sadder ever since you went away...

And I don't think, don't think I can wait any longer
O Lord I'm counting down the days
I'm gonna come back, come back and hold you my love
Soon as I get my wings....

~~

Back to cake.

1 comment:

  1. oh, God. i watched it. so beautiful. thanks for this. i need this song. peace.

    ReplyDelete