Friday, November 11, 2011

Rough times lately.

But also lots of very early mornings of silence, tea, thomas merton - and piles of tissues.


“I was not sure where I was going, and I could not see what I would do when I got [there]. But you saw further and clearer than I, and you opened the seas before my ship, whose track led me across the waters to a place I had never dreamed of, and which you were even then preparing to be my rescue and my shelter and my home. ...Show us your Christ, Lady, after this our exile, yes: but show Him to us also now, show Him to us here, while we are still wanderers.”

Thomas Merton
        The Seven Storey Mountain



“I will no longer wound myself with the thoughts and questions that have surrounded me like thorns: that is a penance You do not ask of me.”

Thomas Merton
              The Sign of Jonas


.

2 comments: