Sunday, July 6, 2014

5.

5.
by day, today.
just about an hour ago.

reading back through my posts from each year, on this day, then the date.

there are places that haunt me.
there are blank spots and callouses.
there are tears that come out, sharp, unexpected

and I like those tears

I prefer it.

there is not enough time to miss you.
there are not enough ways to miss you.

can you make more of them, please?

by this time, today, 5 years ago,
I was lost in the woods
our dog knowing the way better than
I could or did.

this time, today, 5 years ago
I was lost in the woods

and you were already gone.


Please come find me, my love.
Find more ways to find me.


.

3 comments:

  1. oh, Megan, you've written such a beautifully poignant poem of remembering and longing. I used to, still do sometimes, beg my husband to please come get me and take me with him. now the words you so eloquently write seem a much better way to express my desire -" ...please come find me, my love. find more ways to find me. "

    warm hugs to you,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete