Sunday, September 8, 2013

light brigade

.

today is 4 years and 2 months (by day).

By this time tomorrow (insh'allah), I will be loading two big cats into the van, clipping Boris into his palatial middle-seat bed, filling the cooler, leaving behind more of a mess than I'd probably like. Maybe somewhere around Wyoming, I will start to believe this is true: that I'm free.

It still feels overwhelming, and it still is overwhelming. Talking about it only makes me mad - only getting the stuff done will get it done.

There isn't anything to say, and there is everything to say.

But here is this: if you are inclined, please join the light brigade. Any time between now and our projected arrival date (Sunday the 15th at the latest, Friday the 13th earliest) - please light a candle for our safe voyage, our excellent adventures of the good kind, smooth driving, safe roads, calm animals - whatever good wishes you have. If you pray or meditate, please pray and meditate for us. It's a whole big wave of love that carries us across; I am leaning in to that. U.S. east coast friends, release me, send us good winds. U.S. west coast friends, make that big ol' catcher's mitt of receiving - we are coming your way.


.


3 comments:

  1. candles - yes, plural, lit. will be lit every time i'm home. prayers, thoughts, meditations, all of it for calm furry companions, safe roads and weather, and a slow, easy release of the knot in your soul. happy arrival. let us hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I found your blog a few years ago, but I'm glad I did. I just moved from Northern California to the midwest, with a spoiled old cat who did well on the three-day drive. I am praying your "kids" do as well. The best of luck to you in on the west coast. It's a wonderful place. I will keep a candle lit for you, and hold you in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candles lit in Michigan for you too. How exciting, safe journey.

    ReplyDelete